- Model Code
- Lab Tools
- Contact Us
You are here
Welcome to the City Ethics website!
Fri, 2010-01-22 11:41
This website is an international project designed to exchange best practices in government ethics programs. Please participate and send us your ideas for expansion of the site. Thank you!
CITY ETHICS is a non-profit organization formed in 2000. Its purpose is to provide a centralized location for information and resources for all forms of local government ethics programs. City Ethics was started by attorney and former federal prosecutor Carla Miller and her husband, Don McClintock, who has a long career in the technology sector.
The idea for City Ethics was "hatched" at the 2000 national conference of COGEL, the Council on Governmental Ethics Laws.
It was felt that there was a real need to provide assistance to cities and counties that are trying to address ethical issues. Most could not afford to initially be members of COGEL, but needed assistance to get ethics programs up and running. Although many local governments that participate in City Ethics are members of COGEL, that is not a requirement. We wanted to create a free flow of information that would be the catalyst for the creation and improvement of local government ethic programs.
We provide services in the following fields:
- Keynote speeches on government ethics
- Training for all levels of government officials and employees
- Presentations & workshops tailored to your group
- Development of a comprehensive ethics program for your state, city or county
- Review and consultations to improve an existing ethics program
- Drafting and improving of codes of ethics
- Surveys on ethical issues
- Guidance on using federal standards in ethics (Sarbanes Oxley and the Federal Sentencing Guidelines)
Contact City Ethics for more information about our award winning training & education programs.
Click on the "Contact Us" link on this page (top right).