- Model Code
- Lab Tools
- Contact Us
You are here
Other ethics related resources on the web
Tuesday, June 7th, 2005
Sites Focusing on Ethics in Public Service and Character Education
- Council on
Governmental Ethics Laws
A professional organization for government agencies, organizations, and individuals with responsibilities or interests in governmental ethics, elections, campaign finance, lobby laws and freedom of information.
- The Markkula Center for
Applied Ethics at Santa Clara University
A forum for research and discussion in all areas of applied ethics.
Office of Government Ethics
The Office of Government Ethics exercises leadership in the executive branch to prevent conflicts of interest on the part of Government employees, and to resolve those conflicts of interest that do occur. In partnership with executive branch agencies and departments, OGE fosters high ethical standards for employees and strengthens the public's confidence that the Government's business is conducted with impartiality and integrity.
for Public Integrity
The Center for Public Integrity is a nonprofit organization dedicated to producing original, responsible investigative journalism on issues of public concern. The Center is non-partisan and non-advocacy. We are committed to transparent and comprehensive reporting both in the United States and around the world.
The Ethics Resource Center is devoted to independent research and the advancement of high ethical standards and practices in public and private institutions. For 85 years, the ERC has been a resource for institutions committed to strong ethics cultures.
Ethics Centers and Institutes
Harvard University - The Edmond J. Safra Center for Ethics
The Edmond J. Safra Center for Ethics seeks to advance teaching and research on ethical issues in public life. Widespread ethical lapses of leaders in government, business and other professions prompt demands for more and better moral education. More fundamentally, the increasing complexity of public life - the scale and range of problems and the variety of knowledge required to deal with them - make ethical issues more difficult, even for men and women of good moral character. Not only are the ethical issues we face more complex, but the people we face them with are more diverse, increasing the frequency and intensity of our ethical disagreements.
Conference of State Legislatures - Center for Ethics
The National Conference of State Legislatures was founded in 1975 with the conviction that legislative service is one of democracy's worthiest pursuits. NCSL is a bipartisan organization that serves the legislators and staffs of the nation's 50 states, its commonwealths and territories. NCSL provides research, technical assistance and opportunities for policymakers to exchange ideas on the most pressing state issues. NCSL is an effective and respected advocate for the interests of state governments before Congress and federal agencies.
Transitions and Development
See: www.stabilizingcommunities.com - Democracy, Governance, and Community Stabilization. Anti-Corruption, Government and Community Ethics programs.
Quote: "By teaching individuals and communities the key data necessary for them to manage their lives and their immediate environment, they begin to focus on a long-term future for themselves, their families and their communities. As groups begin focus on the future, the entire community stabilizes and improves."
- Association for Moral Education
- Bureau of Essential Ethics Education
- Center for Ethics, Loyola University
- Center for Ethics and Business, Loyola Marymount University
- Centre for Applied Ethics, University of British Columbia
- Character Development Group
- Character Education Institute, California University
- Character Education Partnership
- Character Education Resources
- The Content of Our Character: Voices of Generation X
- Giraffe Project
- Institute for Law Enforcement Administration
- Institute for Global Ethics
- Institute of Practical Philosophy
- Institute for the Study of Civic Values
- International Center for Character Education
- International Education Foundation
- Kenan Institute for Ethics, Duke University
- LearnWell Resources: Ethics World
- Nevada Center
for Public Ethics
The NCPE is a non-partisan, non-profit center for research, education and recommendation in the field of public ethics. It seeks and will publish studies and confirmed information concerning good and bad uses of the public's trust. Where an act or an existing standard of practice is honest, NCPE will develop ways to recognize and praise the persons and units involved.
- New York Society for Ethical Culture
- Poynter Center for the Study of Ethics and American Institutions, Indiana University
- School for Ethical Education
- Washington Ethical Society
- What is Ethical Leadership ? - University of St. Mary Online MBA
Along with emphasizing ethical business practices, The University of Saint Mary Online teaches critical thinking, and encourages students to consider how decisions affect their colleagues and their company's place in the world of global business. For those interested in pursuing an online MBA degree, the school is grounded in the liberal arts tradition of providing students with the strong leadership, decision-making and critical thinking skills required to thrive in the workplace.
Business Ethics and Ethics Research organizations
Our resources provide individuals with a comprehensive collection of intelligence and analytics they need to protect and grow their future organization. Here, you can learn more about Fraud Detection through our free white papers and direct links to free resources throughout the LexisNexis online community.
- Academy of Legal Studies in Business
- Academy of Management Online
- Association for Practical and Professional Ethics
- Australian Association for Professional and Applied Ethics
- Better Business Bureau
- Business Enterprise Trust
- Business for Social Responsibility
- Caux Round Table
- Center for Business Ethics, Bentley College
- Center for the Study of Ethics in the Professions, Illinois Institute of Technology
- Centre for Sustainable Design
- Chinmaya Institute of Management
- Coalition Against Insurance Fraud
- Computer Professionals for Social Responsibility
- Co-op America
- Council on Economic Priorities
- Electronic Frontier Foundation
- Ethics in Action Awards
- Families and Work Institute
- Foundations: Ideas to Build Your Life On
- Ivy Sea "Ethics and Communication Portal"
- Institute for Business and Professional Ethics at DePaul University
- Institute for Global Communication
- Institute for the Study of Adaptive Behavior
- Institute for the Study of Applied and Professional Ethics, Dartmouth College
- International Business Ethics Institute
- International Labor Rights Fund
- Islamic Management Net
- KEE Consultants
- National Fraud Information Center
- National Whistleblower Center
- Poynter Center
- Transparency International
- Walk the Talk
- Work & Family Connection
- Worknet (Cornell University's School of Industrial & Labor Relations)
- The University of Delaware offers a Master’s degree in Public Administration with a strong emphasis on ethics.